I am Ali Rahmani Nejad, known as Ashkan Nejad. I am interested in interdisciplinary research on Artificial Intelligence and Medicine.
Currently, I study as a PhD student at Research School of Behavioral and Cognitive Neuroscience, University of Groningen.
I am appointed as an early-stage researcher at Royal Dutch Visio and the LEO research group at University Medical Center Groningen as a member of the EU OptiVisT research network. Meanwhile, I also function as a board member at Machine Learning Lab at Data Science Center in Health, UMCG.
To master and bachelor students: I am available to supervise bachelor projects and master theses at RUG and UMCG.
If you are interested in working on a project related to applying AI on medical applications, please send me an e-mail.
- Nov 2021 - now, Early-Stage Researcher at Department of Research and Improvement of Care, Royal Dutch Visio.
- Dec 2021 - Jul 2022 , Visiting Researcher at Visual Neurosicence Lab, University Medical Center Groningen (UMCG).
- Mar 2022 - now, Board Member at Machine Learning Lab, Data Science Center in Health (DASH), UMCG.
- Nov 2020 - Oct 2021, Resarch Assistant at Research Center of Scinece and Technology in Medicine, University of Tehran.
- Jan 2019 - Sep 2020, Senior Software Developer at Exa DataScience Lab, FanASA Co., Tehran.
- Jul 2018 - Jan 2019, Full-Stack Developer at Exa DataScience Lab, FanASA Co., Tehran.
- 2021-now, Ph.D. at University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
- 2019-2021, M.Sc. in Computer Science - Artificial Intelligence at Institute for Advanced Studies in Basice Sciences, Zanjan, Iran (Thesis: Saliency map-based Image Retrieval using Krawtcouk Moments)
- 2015-2019, B.Sc. in Information Technology at Institute for Advanced Studies in Basice Sciences, Zanjan, Iran (Thesis: On the Feature Extraction Methods for Image Retrieval)
- Medical Image Analysis
- Pattern Recognition
- Machine Learning
- Deep Learning